22 April, 2014
What challenges do women in your country face when they seek a safe abortion? Does the law in your country restrict access? Why does community frown upon abortion? Are contraceptives and post abortion care available and affordable in your country? Do women have access to Comprehensive Sexuality Education?
Share your thoughts on challenges to safe abortion and discuss successful strategies to overcome these with TARSHI on April 22, 2014 between 2 and 4 pm India Standard Time (IST) on Twitter!
Do take a look at our sample tweets below. We hope you find them useful. We look forward to tweeting with you!
- #MedicalAbortion is a revolutionary tool in the hands of women to access #safeabortion. Must be promoted.
- Accurate information about our bodies & contraception, is necessary to dispel myths & prevent unwanted pregnancies #ComprehensiveSexualityEducation #CSE #safeabortion
- #MedicalAbortion hotlines are a great help to women living under restrictive laws. To know more read http://bit.ly/1dX7hL7
- Legalization of abortion does not always ensure access to #safeabortion services. Why do you think this happens?
- Stigma and discrimination restrict access to #safeabortion. #CSE enables young people make informed #choices.
- Let’s put an end to shaming. Don’t ask women why they need an abortion. Make it safe and affordable instead. #safeabortion
- Women must have the right 2 choose if & when they want 2 be mothers. Right to accurate information is key. Support #safeabortion #ComprehensiveSexualityEducation
- No contraceptive is 100% effective. Women with unwanted pregnancies need #safeabortion.
- Comprehensive sexuality education & reproductive health care should be available without fear or impediment. #CSE #safeabortion
- Every woman deserves access to the healthcare she needs. Access to #safeabortion is a human right. Access to accurate info too - time for #CSE
- Maternal morbidity and mortality will NOT be reduced w/o ensuring access 2 safe, legal, accessible & high quality abortion services #safeabortion
- Criminalizing abortion will not stop it, but will force women to seek unsafe underground services. #safeabortion
- Misinformation, stigma and strict laws are barriers to #safeabortion. Right to #CSE is a must. Read this story from #Indonesia: http://bit.ly/1m0tFDJ
- Abortion does not have to be legal for it to be safe. Read this story from #Lebanon: http://bit.ly/Pq6hEf #safeabortion
TARSHI (Talking About Reproductive and Sexual Health Issues)
New Delhi, India
Check us out on: https://www.facebook.com/tarshi.ngo
Follow us on: https://twitter.com/tarshingo
Visit our blog: http://www.tarshi.net/blog/